PolyHYDROXYETHYL A for HILIC and SEC HPLC
PolyHYDROXYETHYL A was developed specifically for Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography (HILIC). (As for Theory please visit HILIC ). The material is polar and neutral. HILIC is a variant of normal phase chromatography. It is performed with a polar stationary phase and a partly aqueous mobile phase. Thus, PolyHYDROXYETHYL A permits normal-phase separations of peptides, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, some proteins, and in general polar solutes. In comparison with other materials used for HILIC, PolyHYDROXYETHYL A – for HILIC and SEC HPLC affords much sharper peaks and better selectivity and recovery. Its great polarity means less organic solvent is needed to get retention.
Use PolyHYDROXYETHYL A for HILIC and SEC HPLC
- 1) Analysis of polar small molecules for metabolomics or analysis via HILIC-MS/MS of specific small molecules. That is amino acids, methotrexate in plasma or crude extracts.
- 2) Peptide separations and mapping involving differences in polar groups (Ser-; glycopeptides; etc.).
- 3) Multidimensional purification of synthetic and natural peptides. Also fractionation of really complex digests.
- 4) HPLC of solutes that aren’t soluble in aqueous media. Such as membrane proteins and phospholipids.
- 5) PoyHYDROXYETHYL A is used for eliminating detergents, lipids, and salts from a sample.
- 6) Oligonucleotides and their analogs.
Also an alternative separation mechanism
- In the absence of organic solvent, PolyHYDROXYETHYL A functions in Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) mode.
- For proteins and peptides, use 200- or 300-Å pore width material.
- For polar small solutes, try our premium 3-µm, 100-Å pore widt material.